March 10, 1930 - September 20, 2016
Donald F. Hedg (Termantingl), locally recognized land developer and homebuilder, passed away on September 20, 2016 at his home in Peoria, Arizona. He was a loyal friend and incredible person. He will be greatly missed by all whose lives he touched.
Donald Hedg was born in Chicago, Illinois on March 10, 1930 to the late Frank and Clara (nee Muchowski) Termantingl, and grew up in the western suburbs of Chicago. He entered the U.S. Army in 1954. Hedg began his work life learning the masonry trade. Perfecting the trade, in 1950 he began building homes and apartments in the western suburbs of Chicago. In 1965, he built, owned and managed the 521 Westbrook Apartment complex in Downers Grove, Illinois. In 1971, this complex won an award from the Masonry Institute of Chicago for the finest use of masonry for the preceding 5 years. In 1972, Hedg purchased the land that is now the Hobson Village Subdivision in Naperville, Illinois. He then formed a joint venture with MidAmerica Federal Bank to develop the land into one of the first upscale subdivisions in central Naperville. Adjoining Hobson Village is Hobson Woods, a development and building joint venture with MidAmerica Federal. Success was followed with five additional luxury subdivisions in Naperville: High Oaks Farm, Hobson West IV, Buttonwood, Evergreen Woods and Hobson Greene. Hedg also developed two upscale developments in Bolingbrook, Illinois: St. Andrews Woods and River Woods Estates. Hedg also served as a consultant to the Village of Bolingbrook on the Village’s development of the Bolingbrook Golf Club and its adjoining residential areas. Hedg also developed two exclusive lifestyle communities in Northwest Indiana: White Thorne Woods and St. Andre.
There will be a Celebration of Life gathering for friends and associates between 6:00 and 9:00 p.m. on Sunday, May 21, 2017 at the Bolingbrook Golf Club, 2001 Rodeo Drive, Bolingbrook, Illinois. Internment will be at 11:00 a.m. on Monday, May 22, 2017 at Graceland Memorial Cemetery, 1505 Morthland Drive, Valparaiso, Indiana.
In lieu of flowers, memorial donations may be made to the Naperville Y.M.C.A.