“Dear Mr. Jones,
Thank you for your professional, compassionate spirit at my grandfather, T. G’s, funeral. I remember when you buried my grandmother 25 years ago (I was 7!), and your smiling face is just the same. The professionalism of your staff will always stand out in my mind when I remember this time. That is a precious gift. Thank you.
— M. D.
Cremation Services for Families in Naperville & Plainfield IL
Increasing in popularity, the choice of cremation offers a wide variety of options for end-of-life services. From contemporary to traditional, cremation services are a unique expression of a cherished life.
Friedrich-Jones and Overman-Jones Funeral Homes offer full cremation services, with the convenience of beautiful on-site locations for hosting either a private memorial service or public ceremony. When you choose cremation, the Jones family provides the same exemplary service and wide selection as with other funeral choices.
Cremation Offers Many Options
Reasons for choosing cremation may be spiritual, environmental, practical, or economical. Yet, many people are unaware that traditional funeral services are available with cremation.
You may prefer a visitation and funeral ceremony, with cremation following those services. Burial after cremation continues to be an option for many as well, and there are a variety of choices for disposition of the cremains.
The cost of cremation varies according to the services chosen and the final disposition of the cremated remains. There are many different service options, ranging from elaborate to very simple, and our experience extends to all faiths and cultures. The Jones family and staff specialize in meeting the unique wishes and needs of your family.
Cremation Services Overview
- Immediate cremation—For those who prefer cremation with no public service or gathering.
- Visitation and memorial visitation—Traditional visitation followed by cremation allows family and friends to say goodbye through the viewing of the deceased. A memorial visitation differs in that an urn or picture is the public expression of a loved one. Photographs, prized possessions, and other items may be displayed, as well as a DVD with pictures, video, and music playing continuously throughout the visitation.
- Funeral service—May be conducted at our funeral homes, a church, temple or even a personal residence. Our facilities include graciously appointed chapels, conference rooms, and lounges to accommodate every need. Funeral services may be traditional, offering verses from scripture and hymns, or they can be eclectic in nature, catering to eulogies, poetry, and modern music. We assist your family in selecting clergy or celebrants to best serve your wishes and honor your loved one.
- Memorial service—Offers all the options of a funeral service, without the body present. An urn may be on view as a public expression of your loved one. A personalized memorial service with floral tributes, photographs, and memorabilia can be held at one of our funeral home chapels or a location of your choice.
- Graveside, chapel, or committal service—May be held at the cemetery or crematory. Those services typically include traditional or ground burial, entombment, or inurnment. You may wish us to coordinate a funeral procession following the service, or we may meet family members at the cemetery or crematory.
- Permanent possession—A family member or friend retains the cremated remains as a cherished possession. Some families choose to split the cremains so multiple family members have the opportunity to keep their loved one with them. There are many urn choices, as well as keepsakes and jewelry, to meet these wishes.
- Scattering—Many prefer to scatter the cremated remains to represent a permanent oneness with an important place. Options include family property, such as a summer home, or pond and memorial gardens designed for scattering. Our directors can provide you with guidance in the laws regulating scattering of cremated remains.
- Out-of-town arrangements—We provide full coordination of services including transportation, permits, preparation and dressing, obituary notices, use of facilities, ceremonial casket, and staff.
The professionals of Friedrich-Jones and Overman-Jones Funeral Homes have been helping families create memorable cremation services for generations. We are available to assist you 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Contact us with your questions about cremation services.