“Thank you so much for all your help with the funeral planning and the actual funeral. Everything was beautiful and could not have been more special or gone any smoother. It was comforting for our family to know that everything was going to be taken care of and that we would do my father-in-law justice with a very beautiful funeral. Thank you so much for that peace-of-mind. We could not have been more pleased with how everything turned out. You all are truly wonderful at what you do. I would never go anywhere else! (Although I’m hoping not to have to use your services for a very long time!) Thank you so much for everything.”
— L. H.
Visiting Naperville, Plainfield, & the Surrounding Area
Whatever your reason for visiting the Naperville, Plainfield, and surrounding area of Illinois, there are many beautiful and fascinating places of interest to occupy your family and friends.
Perhaps you are honoring a special life and wish to share food and drink in a relaxing setting, you may have time to explore historic sites, or you may simply desire a beautiful setting in which to meditate, relax, and enjoy nature.
Here we have assembled a selection of area locations that may interest you. If you do not find the type of amenity you are seeking, feel free to contact our family for information and guidance.
For dining in Naperville, the city offers a listing of eateries.
In addition, we invite you to consult our dining and catering page for eateries located nearest local cemeteries, as well as those in the Naperville and Plainfield surrounding area.
Places of Interest
- Naperville Riverwalk—Considered the “crown jewel” of Naperville, the Riverwalk is a place of beauty and tranquility along the West Branch of the DuPage River.
- Centennial Beach—Approximately 2,500 visitors converge on Centennial Beach on a typical warm summer day.
- Cmdr. Shanower Sept. 11 Memorial—Located along the Riverwalk in downtown Naperville, this memorial remembers all those who died in the September 11, 2001, attacks on America; the memorial was inspired by Naperville native Naval Commander Dan Shanower, who died in the attack on the Pentagon.
- Historic District—The Naperville Local Historic District is a local district designation granted by the Naperville City Council in 1986.
- Millennium Carillon—With 72 bronze bells that range in weight from ten pounds to six tons, Naperville’s musical tower is ranked among the four largest carillons in the world.
- Millennium Wall—Each brick on the wall bears the name of a Naperville individual who contributed to the Millennium Wall Celebration 2000 festival held to welcome in the third millennium.
- Green Eggs and Ham Statue—Situated in the public library, this 9-foot-tall statue of Sam I Am commemorates the 1960 Dr. Seuss book Green Eggs and Ham.
- DuPage Children’s Museum—This exciting location focuses on integrating arts, science, and math with a staff of professionals dedicated to providing open-ended learning experiences for children in a hands-on and fun atmosphere.
- Learn more about the city of Naperville, Illinois.
- Lake Renwick Heron Rookery Nature Preserve—Observe such species as cattle egrets, great blue herons, and double-crested cormorants in this bird sanctuary or simply enjoy the 2.9 mile bikeway and the lovely Renwick Lake in Will County.
- Settlers’ Park—These 20+ acres are located in historic downtown Plainfield and feature the Richard A. Rock Amphitheater, History Walk, and restored War Monument, as well as a lake, picnic shelter, playground, and walking trails—don’t miss the summer concert series and movies in the park!
- Tornado Victim Memorial—This black granite triangle is dedicated to 29 people who lost their lives in the 1990 twister, detailing with laser-etching the path of the tornado’s destruction through the region.
- Learn more about the village of Plainfield, Illinois.
- Illinois Bed & Breakfast Association—The official association and site to find an Illinois bed and breakfast for your next trip; inspected and approved accommodations ranging from rustic cabins and ranches to classic mansions, historic inns, and contemporary lodging.
- Naperville area hotels
- Plainfield area hotels